11.14.2007

... share and share alike

Thought I'd share my pattern for my felted Rosey Vroom bag. You can buy the Rosey Vroom pattern now for $3.00 at my Ravelry Shop!

Rosey Vroom Shoulder Bag
A felted project for beginner knitters!

© 2005 Heidi Eikenhorst


Materials:

Lamb’s Pride Bulky weight wool as follows:

Color A: 2 skeins - Midnight Green (M-195)

Color B: 2 skeins - Pistachio (M-184)

Color C: 1 skein – Old Sage (M-69)

Color D: 1 skein – Garnet (M-25)

Color E: 1 skein – Aubergine (M-185)

Bag is worked with a single strand of bulky wool. If you would like to substitute worsted weight wool for the bulky make sure to use two strands held together, this will require more yardage.

Needles:
Size US 13 circular needles, 24 inch

Dimensions:

Before Felting: 14 tall x 10 wide x 5 deep, Finished: 9” tall x 7 ½” wide x 3 ½” deep.

All dimensions are approximate and depend largely on the amount of material used, the felting time and the gauge.

Gauge:
3 sts./inch. Note: Gauge is not as important with felted projects. Tight knitters should definitely use size13 needles; very loose knitters may want to jump down to a size 11. However, I knit slightly looser than average and used size 13 needles quite successfully.

8 comments:

twistedspinner said...

What a cool, cool bag! I am inspired to begin another project - what poor timing in this get ready for Christmas rush! It is lovely!

Mama Belle said...

Thanks!!!

i dont care said...

I have NO idea what you just said! BUT I LOVE that bag! I want one! DO you sell them??

myosotis said...

Wow, super, your pattern is great, I love knitting, felting, roses!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful bag...have just started knitting it today. I do have a question, though....after knitting the bottom using two strands, when do I change to one strand; after picking up the side stitches?? Thanks.

Mama Belle said...

vettechick, The entire bag is worked with either one strand of bulky or two strands of worsted. I mention that at the beginning of the pattern, but I can see where the mention of 2 strands would be confusing (it was originally written to use 2 strands of worsted and that part obviously did not make the edit). Using two strands should not be ab issue for the bottom (it will just make it thicker and tougher), just make sure to switch to one strand of bulky (or 2 strands of worsted) when working the stitches for the side of the bag (maybe when picking up stitches. I have fixed the pattern now, so it should be correct. I apologize for the confusion!

Bathilda said...

Thanks for sharing! I like the Noni bags, but the patterns are hard for a newby knitter like me--plus they are $8 just for the pattern! You are generous to share your beautiful flower bag with us!

Anonymous said...

Love this bag. do you have to pick up stitches around the bottom. I am much better at crochet but will give this a go if its really, really easy.